Real Time Scheduling Part 1
In this video, I am going to focus on the classical static real time algorithm, the Rate Monotonic Scheduling. This algorithm is used in many real time operating systems. RMS assume to be under the following conditions:
If you are not interested in the proof, you can skip to the end to see the amazing result:
RMS guarantee all the deadlines if CPU utilization is 69.3%. The other 30.7% of the CPU can be dedicated to lower-priority non real-time tasks.
One Semester class material is compressed in a few minutes. I have given seminars based on the slides and animations.