In this video, I am going to focus on the classical static real time algorithm, the Rate Monotonic Scheduling. This algorithm is used in many real time operating systems. RMS assume to be under the following conditions:
If you are not interested in the proof, you can skip to the end to see the amazing result:
RMS guarantee all the deadlines if CPU utilization is 69.3%. The other 30.7% of the CPU can be dedicated to lower-priority non real-time tasks.
One Semester class material is compressed in a few minutes. I have given seminars based on the slides and animations.
If you want the following at the same time:
1. Verizon’s network
2. 4G LTE
3. Samsung Galaxy S4
Then you can’t use any Verizon’s Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). You need to go with Verizon’s plan with contract. Currently Verizon wants to sell you the Samsung Galaxy S4 with contract for $199. You may get it cheaper elsewhere, watch the video.
Have you had situation that you wanted to learn something but you did not, and your excuse was it was hard to learn or you were too busy to learn?
What is the best way to learn, the quickest way and the most effective way to learn?
We start with Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers, and then Tim Ferris’s “4-Hour Workweek”, David Allen’s “Getting Things Done”. What do these 3 books have in common? What are the differences? I will introduce the best practices from the experts and provide a unified view of the learning process for different kinds of students.
I Challenge You & Offer Money or Fame To Beat Me, Challenge 2
I Challenge You & Offer Money or Fame To Beat Me (patent US6904501)
This is Challenge 2, the same term as Challenge 1 (Click here For Challenge 1)
Do you want money or fame? I will offer both. I challenge you to beat me by offering real money & fame. Here is the deal:
If you are the first person to leave a comment here stating you have beaten my patent US 6,904,501 (www.google.com/patents/US6904501.pdf), then I will do the following once I have verified your claim:
1. Pay you between $10 to $1000 depending on the number of likes up to your post:
1a. $10 if there are zero likes on this video.
1b. $1 per like, up to $1000 maximum total.
1c. If other viewers match my reward, you will get additional reward from them.
2. If you are a student taking related courses about this topic, I will personally call your professor to congratulate him for mentoring his brilliant student. I hope at least you may get better grade.
3. Similarly if requested, I will call & congratulate your boss if you were not a student. I hope you may get a raise.
4. I will make a follow up video to salute you 3 times to show my respect.
5. I encourage other viewers to also make offering to match my monetary reward (leave comment here stating your intention).
6. I encourage other viewers to leave other offers worth at least $10 for successful completion of the challenge (leave comment here stating your intention).
The patent can be found here: http://www.google.com/patents/US6904501.pdf
The title is “Cache Memory For Identifying Locked & Least Recently Used Storage Locations”. Our computer memory is getting bigger & bigger, people are building very larger cache & larger system memory. You will be famous. Thus please:
1. if you don’t know the topic, then like it because I will pay more for more likes.
2. you may offer your own reward or free services here. If you agree that no one may beat me, then what is the risk?
3. if you are a college student, please pass or share this to your computer or engineering friends to give them a chance to make some money.
4. If you are a professor, you may assign this video as reading material because your students would be motivated to learn while having a chance to make some money.
Please subscribe to our channel. This is challenge 2, more challenges are coming.
Google Chrome Talks Back To You
This experiment is using Google chrome from desktop chrome browser. Not only does it accept voice command, it can also talk back to you. It also understands the context to carry a conversation. A new technology called conversation search.
I wanted to try to the technique of La Mian (using hands to stretch to make noodles). So one day I offered to cook a meal. I had experimented adding salt, adding soda, adding oil etc. However, even though I gained knowledge on the topic of lamian, I found out without using the high protein flour, it is very difficult to do lamian with regular flour.
Since I did not have the time to run to the store for different kind of flour, and the dinner time was approaching, my plan B was to make regular noodle using flour. A lot of people in China know how to make noodle, but my kids have never seen using regular flour to make noodle before. Even though this task may seem trivial, I hope this video can help those who have never seen this before.
Lyca Mobile has the cheapest prepaid voice plan:
2 cents per minute.
It does not hurt to try it. The SIM is free to order.
It costs minimum of 8 cents per year to keep it active.
It is a cheap one for very young kid who just wants to make a simple call.
You will need a unlocked GSM type of cell phone.